Santaquin backyard
Brigham City backyardToday was the first official day of summer for our family. The boys slept in and took their time watching tv and playing the wii until 9am. Then reality hit as the tv was turned off and chores began. Chores this summer constist of piano practice, a grade level worksheet, (Do any of you supliment your kids school work with worksheets during the summer?), working on merit badges and yard work like pulling weeds. Of course, pulling weeds in this backyard is nothing compared to our backyard in Santaquin! After pulling weeds the twins packed for their overnite scout camp this weekend and Skyler started his summer job for a lady in our ward. Skyler officially turned 14 on the 18th. He enjoyed a party with his friends complete with pizza, cake ice cream, soccer scrimage in the backyard and other games. He got the bookshelf he wanted along with a few new books to fill it with.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Skyler! And yes, I supplement over the summer with worksheets...and ditto on the chores. Can't wait to see you in another month:)
Love your B.C. back yard!!! WOW!!! Skyler's book picture is like Preston's dream come true, too! How funny. No, I don't do any supplementing with worksheets or chores. We have regular chores all the time, and "family work days," but they're pretty much the same year-round. Preston's in the advanced programs at school, and by the time summer comes he's too worn out to do more schoolwork, so I let it go. My other kids do worksheets for fun, so I always have workbooks available but let them just do it if they want. Happy birthday to Skyler! We still have 2 weeks left of school. I'm looking forward to the break. :)
Post a Comment