Thursday, April 15, 2010

An Eagle in our midst


Schuyler is officially an Eagle Scout!! We are so proud of him. He will share his court of honor with friends and family on May 15th, (3 days before his 15th birthday) He has worked so hard and has had some great leaders help him along the way. For his eagle scout project he took picture of headstones at the Brigham city cemetary and downloaded them on to a CD where the city will now put them on the internet for others to look up their ancestors. You'd think after getting your Eagle you can relax and enjoy a few moments, but Schuyler is a doer. He is putting up posters today in fact for the sophomore class officer elections. Then he is studing for his learners permit next month, and this summer he has been hired as a camp counselor at the Bear Lake Scout Camp to assist in the aquadic department, helping scouts to recieve their swimming merit badge. He will be at camp for 9 weeks, coming home for the weekends (to do laundy and go to church). He is very excited to do that, especially with a few of his friends from school.

I am now 19 weeks along and finally looking more pregnant than fat. So lately we've been throwing around a lot of girl names. Since Mark has 15 nieces and I have 7, plus 2 more niecs born this summer, we have our work cut out for us. Mark is great at making lists then handing them to me so I can scratch out the ones I don't like. Here are a few we actually agree on. Give input:

Katherine
Summer
Paige
Brielle
Abigail

4 comments:

Pam Williams said...

My favorite name is Sophie Rose, which none of my granddaughters are named because my daughters thought I was insane when I mentioned it. However, I also got to name children when I wrote my novels, so here are a few others: Suzanne, Fiona Skye, Miranda, Lainie, Angela, or how about Jean, since that's your middle name. Just stay away from MY middle name - Gay.

Toshia said...

Yay! Congrats Schuyler!! Wish we lived close enough to come to the court of honor...as for the names I love them all. I think that Brielle has to win my vote though because it is unique and I don't know anyone with that name;) Just don't try and use Reagan since that will be her cousin! Love ya!!!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Way to go Schuyler!! I am SOOOO impressed! That is fantastic!!

For the names... I always go for the ones that are the least popular or common (don't ask me how we ended up with "Ethan"), so of the ones from your list I think my favorites are Brielle and Paige and Summer. Katherine and Abigail are both really beautiful, though, even though they're a little more common. Good luck choosing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Schuyler!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, Lamont said: I'm proud of my Eagle Scout grandson who's 14 YEARS OLD!! He was beaming!! :) We are proud of you too momma Rachel!! It's so wonderful that you and the baby are doing great, no matter if the Dr. is right or not, it's ALL GOOD!! Your dad kinda likes the name Paige but says: keep looking!! :) Thanks for the insight from your blog! It's great!! Your dad says: thought about the name Bethany??