As most of you know, we were trying to drive to Portland for Thanksgiving. But, because of bad weather along our route and because Brielle had an ear infection and started new meds on Monday, we decided to wait until summer when we could enjoy the Portland area a little more.
After making this decicison, however, we thought we should go and do something fun. So we drove to SLC to tour the new Natural History museum. By new, I mean they just opened a week earlier! It was a beautiful day and we had fun looking at the exhibts. The best part was it wasn't crowded and everything was so clean. We spent most of our day there so when we got home in the evening, I shot off to the local store like a mad woman in search of the easiest and yummiest Thanksgiving meal I could find. All was pulled off and none was the wiser. I even had time to put together these little turkey treats to put on everyones plates. It was great and we enjoyed talking about things we were grateful for. One of the weirdest comments was from Kevin who said he is grateful for piano!?!? Really!?! Wow, Kevin is by far the one child who complains about piano lessons/ practice the most! Huh? Then for FHE the next Monday we put our Gingerbread house together. We aren't as creative as most people, but it was a fun thing to do. Now on to the big day......
1 comment:
OH my gosh, they're DARLING!!! I love the gingerbread houses!! And the turkeys are so cute--I saw that idea online as well. I love all the fun ideas you can get from the internet. :) I'm also very impressed you threw together a Thanksgiving dinner!! You're amazing.
Post a Comment