Yes, it is hard to believe Schuyler is old
enough to go to Junior Prom!
enough to go to Junior Prom!
This was fun to see him all dressed up and excited to go.
However, you need to understand Schuyler.
He was working out the details and
planning the date months in advance.
planning the date months in advance.
I shouldn't be surprised.
He asked his friend Tiffany, who is really
a good friend from swim team.
a good friend from swim team.
I was glad he would go with someone
as a friend and not a romantic date.
as a friend and not a romantic date.
We rented a tux and bought a corsage.
All fun and new experience for both of us!
All fun and new experience for both of us!
Before the prom, Uthans have this thing
called Promenade. It's so the parents can go and
see all the kids dressed up. They held the
called Promenade. It's so the parents can go and
see all the kids dressed up. They held the
promenade at the high school at 4:30 so the kids
could get on their way to dinner.
could get on their way to dinner.
All the kids coming through the floral archway
were announced and would do a funny little dance or move.
A lot of boys would spin their dates. One couple did the Macrana dance.
Schuyler and Tiffany did this cute little move. It was fun.
were announced and would do a funny little dance or move.
A lot of boys would spin their dates. One couple did the Macrana dance.
Schuyler and Tiffany did this cute little move. It was fun.
So, I called a friend who has access to a
wedding boutique here in town.
wedding boutique here in town.
She said I could take anything I
needed to decorate. Ummm...let's see.
100 feet of tule, check. Silver beads, check.
needed to decorate. Ummm...let's see.
100 feet of tule, check. Silver beads, check.
Flowers,check. Table runners, check!
I just needed some balloons
I just needed some balloons
and a poster and I was set. Here are the results.
After the promenade, Mark and I rushed home
to prepare the dinner. Mark had made this fantastic suggestion
of having the kids eat here instead of at a fancy restaurant to save money.
I didn't mind, but holy cow!! Pressure!!
to prepare the dinner. Mark had made this fantastic suggestion
of having the kids eat here instead of at a fancy restaurant to save money.
I didn't mind, but holy cow!! Pressure!!
I kept thinking these kids will look back in
20 years and they will remember coming to Schyuler's house
to eat before prom. I made placecards for everyone
20 years and they will remember coming to Schyuler's house
to eat before prom. I made placecards for everyone
and found some great placemats and these cool square plates.
We served chicken Fondue with salad and breadsticks.
One of the boys' mothers offered to bring a chocolate fountain
with all the trimmings! We had it set up in the dining room so they
could start dessert whenever they were ready.
The girls were worried about
spilling on their dresses,so thanks to my amazing
Sis-in-law, Toshia, we had plenty of aprons to go around!
The theme for prom was "Behind the Mask" So it was a masqurade ball.
It was held at the Crystal Manor in Logan.
Schuyler had a great time and didn't
get home until 1am! Even with all the hard work,
I am grateful Schuyler has some pretty great friends!
Schuyler had a great time and didn't
get home until 1am! Even with all the hard work,
I am grateful Schuyler has some pretty great friends!
1 comment:
That is AWESOME!!! You did a way better job of prom dinner than I would have! That was so impressive. Good for you. You're amazing. It looks like a really fun time. I love seeing Toshia's aprons, too. They are so cute.
Post a Comment