I will be the first to admit that I am not a crafty person. However, about 6 years ago I saw this idea for edible crayons and made them for the boys first day of school. Now they are a tradition. They are so easy and fun to make. Just take the 3" thick twisty pretzel sticks, (I find mine at walmart) and buy a bag of white chocolate chips or candy melts. Divide up the white chocolate into separate containers, melt for 30 sec in the microwave until desired consistancy and add food coloring. I like to stay with 5 or 6 colors. But use as many as you want. Dip each end of the pretzel into the colored chocolate and put on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Then put all the Crayons in the fridge over night. I think they set up better. Then I use colored construction paper to make the wrappers. Just tape the wrappers around the crayons with clear tape and you're done. I am usually able to make about 80 crayons with one bag of white chips. I can send enough to school for the boys to share with some friends.
Normally, I would take the boys to school on their first day, but I didn't today because#1) After a month of hot summer weather, it was actually cold and raining this morning and #2) I am due any day, so I didn't want to get out for pictures. I can take them on another day and have a better picture experience. I don't think my teenage boys want me embarrasing them anyway!
2 comments:
What a clever idea! That's great for a back-to-school party I'm thinking about giving for adults. Jen will love it, too, I guarantee.
Yes, I do!!! :) I had heard of those before but hadn't seen them. They are DARLING!!! How fun for your boys!!
Post a Comment