Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just in time!

Grandma's Quilt
Before
During
After
SLC Temple
Baby Quilt from Becky
Go carts
Bumper Boats
Tool set

The first of the 3 projects worked on this past month was Grandma's quilt. It's finished and I am so happy with it! The baby's room is also done, but I thought I'd wait to take a picture once the crib is up. And finally, a week ago yesterday we had the electrian install the final piece to our new kitchen, the oven! To make sure it worked, Mark bought a Papa Murphy's pizza. It has been 2 months since we sank our teeth into our favorite pie, and it did not disappoint. The oven worked beautifully! Just in time for my cousin, Becky who arrived the very next morning! We had a great week as we explored temple square in SLC, shopping in Ogden, lunch with Aunt Candy in Logan, and a memorable day in Brigham City as we watched the groundbreaking of the new Brigham City Temple! Thank you for the baby gift, Becky! A handmade baby blanket is priceless!

Last week was also Kevin and Caleb's 13th birthday! We celebrated by going to Boondocks, a family fun center that just opened in Kaysville.(a 40 minute drive) Becky and I played miniture golf with the boys and then watched them race around the speedway in go carts and splash each other in bumper boats. It was a good way to spend a birthday. Because of the resent work in the kicthen, the boys have been interested in tools more than ever. So we gave them each a tool box full of the basic tools. They also recieved new watches and Skyler gave them a girt card for Walmart. Skyler was at camp during their birthday, but Mark picked him up Friday night so he could be with us for the groundbreaking.

I can't help but be envious of my 2 SIL, Toshia and Danielle who have both given birth to their beautiful daughters this past week. Danielle's baby was born on the 21st and Toshia's on the 28th! I am so happy things went well for them and am looking forward to the many family get togethers with these girl cousins!

3 comments:

Toshia said...

I L.O.V.E. your kitchen! It looks fabulous and I bet it will be a lot of fun to cook in:) Tell the boys happy birthday for me...I was a little busy that day;) Their little cousin is thrilled to share their day. We love you guys and miss you tons. Good luck in these final days!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Your kitchen is beautiful!! And I'm so glad you got the gorgeous quilts. What a fun time with your boys (and cousin), too!! :) Just think--even though we missed you on this UT visit, when we come next time we'll get to meet your DAUGHTER!! :)

Pam Williams said...

You go, girl. Hope things go well with the baby.