Sunday, January 11, 2009

Maddox for lunch



Yesterday started as a typical Saturday. You know, cleaning, ironing, patching the wall in our basement where we had a leak fixed last month. Then around 2:00 in the afternoon, Mark and I had the rare oppertunity to attend a luncheon at the famous Maddox retaurant Lodge. This was an invitation given through my work at Honeyville grains. This was their (after) Christmas luncheon. It was a very nice setting and delicious meal. We had a great time and felt I had been blessed to be working with such great people. Not to mention the tons of stuff I am learning about food storage. The boys are no longer surprised when they see me filling empty 2 liters with water or coming in the house with a 50# bag of sugar or rice. Of course, what kid would complain about their mother bringing home that much sugar! Did I mention I get a discount?
Skyler has taken 5 years of piano now and the twins have each taken about 2 years. As of Thursday morning, Kevin and Caleb have begun a new year of piano. That's right, Thursday Morning! 7am! The piano teacher is about 3 blocks away. I will drive them until the weather gets warmer, then they can take their bikes!

1 comment:

Jane Ellen said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! That is a ton of snow. BRRRRRRRRR!!! It is amazing how long they stay out in it and they don't care how cold they are. I'm jealous you went to the Maddox Cafe. I've heard it's really good and we never went there even when we lived in Logan.
It will be fun to keep in touch this way. Happy blogging! Jane Ellen